The race to fitness and weight loss is always on and day by day more and more people are getting into this bandwagon. Some do it to accomplish a sexy body and some people just do it to get rid of that embarrassment of having an unhealthy and fat body.
Healthy eating food habits and physical fitness go hand in hand. There are absolutely no disadvantages of being vegetarian as you can get all the nutrients from vegetables.
The most obvious benefit of being a vegetarian is healthy weight loss. Vegetarian weight loss is the most in thing these days because of the benefits and results it delivers.
In a very rare case will you see a fat vegetarian. Vegetarian is almost synonymous with lean and healthy. So, if a non-vegetarian decides to go by the vegetarian weight loss plan, he has already won half of the battle.
This doesnt mean that you'll start losing weight instantly. Large helpings of fatty foods like cheese and peanut butter which are rich in protein can actually cause even pure vegetarians to gain weight.
The only solution to this is to follow a strict vegetarian weight loss plan. You'll not only lose weight but you'll boost your overall health, stamina and energy.
Here are few tips for vegetarian weight loss plan:
1. Major sources for vegetarian protein include nuts, dried beans and peas such as lentils, black beans and soy products such as tofu. "Semi-vegetarians" may eat fish and eggs.
2. If you don't use dairy products or are allergic to it, try soy-based alternatives for milk and milk products.
3. Stay away from high-fat foods like cheese, mayonnaise, butter, fried and fast foods.
4. Resist the urge to snack on fried chips, burgers, pizzas and candy. Not only do they add to unwanted calories and don't have any nutritional value. Make sure you always have one thing on the top of your mind that you are on vegetarian weight loss plan.
5. Avoid sweet beverages like soft drinks instead drink water as between meal beverage.
6. Try to keep a record of what you eat and drink to check on your total food consumption, which will then help you in identifying where you want to make amendments.
Also, check whether you are strictly following the vegetarian weight loss plan and cutting down on all unnecessary non-vegetarian food.
7. To keep hunger pangs at bay, choose whole grains as much as you can in your meals.
8. Always plan and decide in advance for meals and snacks and stick to that plan. It has been noticed that last minute choices tend to be higher in calories and lower in satisfaction.
9. Add a piece of fruit to satisfy your sweet tooth and improve your calorie intake.
10. You can even have sugar-free chewing gums if you need something flavorful in your mouth and to keep your mind of any unwanted food according to your diet plan.
11. Lastly, dont forget to take a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement to fill in any nutritional gaps as suggested by your doctor.
"Success Is The Sum Of Small Efforts, Repeated Day In And Day Out."